Indianapolis Child Injury Lawyer
Most parents are willing to do anything to protect their children. For many, the worst thing they can endure is seeing their child injured. That’s why parents, guardians, and community members must create a safe environment for young ones.
However, life isn’t perfect, and accidents do happen. When accidents occur, it’s vital to have a trusted legal advocate to guide you throughout the process. RileyCate, LLC understands the emotional and physical toll a child’s injury can have on your family, and we’re here to assist.
If your child has suffered a serious injury, then you can pursue a personal injury lawsuit for their damages. Serious injuries can incur hefty medical bills. If someone is responsible for your child’s injuries, Indianapolis child injury attorneys can help you pursue the compensation your family deserves.
Indianapolis Child Injury Cases
Child injuries occur on playgrounds, in schools, at daycare centers, and even at home. Our Indiana child injury lawyers know the most common causes of childhood injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents where the child is a pedestrian, passenger, or cyclist
- Premises liability accidents like slip and fall accidents and swimming pool accidents
- Defective equipment or unsafe conditions
- Product defects in items such as toys, furniture, or any child-related product
- Dog bites
- Sports-related injuries
If your child has experienced catastrophic injuries due to car accidents caused by other negligent parties, then you may be able to pursue legal action. Indianapolis legal services and legal professionals do all they can to recover financial compensation to recuperate the costs of medical care and help ensure your child’s future.
Common Injuries Suffered by Indianapolis Children
Children can be more vulnerable to certain types of injuries because of their curiosity, naivete, nature, and developing fine motor skills. According to the CDC, accidents involving drowning, burns, falls, and poisoning remain the leading cause of death among children in the United States.
Some of the most common injuries our personal injury attorneys have recovered settlements for include:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Head Injuries, concussions, and other severe brain injuries
- Choking and suffocation
- Ingested poisoning from household chemicals, medications, and certain plants
If someone’s negligence has led to your child’s injuries, our team can help you hold the responsible party accountable. Following a serious injury caused by another person, speak with RileyCate, LLC for a free consultation.
The Long-Term Impact of Your Child’s Injury
Indiana law allows injured children and their families to pursue compensation for the immediate and long-term impacts an injury can have. If your child’s health and development have been harmed, your Indianapolis personal injury lawyer could pursue a personal injury case to make you and your family whole again.
Permanent disability, physical impairment, emotional trauma, and developmental delays are all long-term impacts that our legal team has seen in past claims. Our law firm will ensure that all of your child’s accident-related impairments are covered. We also will review each Indiana statute that applies to your case and leave no stone unturned.
Indianapolis Child Injury Lawyers’ Role
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child who has suffered a personal injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may become overwhelmed witnessing how your child suffers because of injuries caused by someone else. That’s where the experience of a dedicated child injury lawyer comes in handy.
The role of your child injury lawyer is to:
- Protect your family’s legal rights and make sure that they’re supported throughout your claim
- Evaluate your case to assess the circumstances surrounding your child’s injuries
- Gather evidence like medical records, witness statements, and any other relevant documentation
- Negotiate with insurance companies so you receive a fair settlement that covers medical expenses, therapy, and any future needs
- Represent you in court when settlement isn’t possible
Our lawyers want to protect every Indianapolis child injured by the negligence of another. If insurers are asserting that negligent supervision led to your child’s injuries, allow us to help you fight back against these bogus claims.
Preventing Child Injuries
It’s impossible to prevent every accident, but our personal injury advocates suggest parents and caregivers take the following steps to minimize their family’s risks:
- Ensure that your home is childproofed by securing heavy furniture, keeping chemicals out of reach, and installing safety gates
- Always supervise your children, especially if they’re near large bodies of water, roadways, and other unfamiliar and possibly unsafe environments
- Teach children about the dangers of certain activities and the importance of practicing important safety measures, like wearing seatbelts and helmets, looking both ways before crossing roads, and avoiding unfamiliar animals
Child Injury Attorneys Take Legal Action
Generally, the immediate medical concerns your child faces will take precedence after an accident. However, it’s essential to consider the long-term needs of your injured child.
That’s why RileyCate, LLC takes legal action to help you seek justice and recover compensation for:
- Medical care costs
- Rehabilitation, physical therapy, counseling, etc.
- Educational necessities to attend regular school, special education, or tutoring
- Pain and suffering to cover the emotional and physical pain endured by your family
- Lost wages caused by time missed at work
Seeking Justice for Your Child
The aftermath of a child’s injury can be challenging. The effects on your family may prove daunting. At RileyCate, LLC, our Indianapolis child injury lawyers are dedicated to ensuring that the responsible parties are held responsible for the injuries they’ve caused. Our team aims to guide you every step of the way, offering legal advice and support when you need it most. Consult with an adept Indianapolis child injury lawyer to discuss your child’s medical care and legal options right away.